I think this really speaks to a lot of the concerns that surround technology. I really appreciated the quote from his lecture and the strong language he used. To assert that if we keep multitasking we will essentially cease to exist is bold--to say the least. Today when I was sitting in my classes, I kept picturing the information filtering through my brain.
I also thought it was interesting that he spoke so specifically about the actual servers that exist. The internet always seems like this magical entity to me--I often forget that it is actually made up of a tangible substance. I guess that goes to show how disconnected I am from the global computer. Thanks for sharing the article.
I think this really speaks to a lot of the concerns that surround technology. I really appreciated the quote from his lecture and the strong language he used. To assert that if we keep multitasking we will essentially cease to exist is bold--to say the least. Today when I was sitting in my classes, I kept picturing the information filtering through my brain.
ReplyDeleteI also thought it was interesting that he spoke so specifically about the actual servers that exist. The internet always seems like this magical entity to me--I often forget that it is actually made up of a tangible substance. I guess that goes to show how disconnected I am from the global computer. Thanks for sharing the article.